Don't blink. Just run.

Where training meets fandom. And everything in between.

Face The Music Friday #37

on June 6, 2014

The only workouts this week? Tough Mudder last Saturday.

Lame. I just haven’t been feeling it this week and you know what? I’ve caught up on some good sleep, got a much needed haircut and just relaxed and let my body heal a little. I did actually have intentions to go out Wednesday for National Running Day, however my stomach had other ideas. For the last 3 days, I’ve had this random pain in the middle of my stomach that, at a couple of points Wednesday night, almost made me sick. It’s gotten better over the last couple of days and only comes back here and there, but I really wish it would disappear completely. Tara on the other hand got knocked flat this week by a nasty cold so I’m glad I didn’t have that. I had some horrible sinus headaches early on in the week from allergies I think, but luckily it didn’t turn into anything.

This weekend is supposed to be gorgeous – 80s both days and no rain. We want to get some hiking in and I have some yard work to do. I also can’t decide if I want to go to an “Outdoor Throwdown” that I was invited to by one of the Unleashed trainers. It’s free and open to the public and the best part of all – it’s right down the street from my house at the high school. I was also thinking about actually getting back to Unleashed for the morning class, but am hesitant because of my shoulder. That actually makes me hesitant for the Throwdown, too, but I don’t know what they actually do there so it might not be so bad for the ol’ wing. Unleashed is also holding free FMS screenings tomorrow, so that’s tempting as well (even though I had one when I started seeing my chiropractor).

I guess I’ll have to figure it out tonight because I’ll either have to get up early to get to the 6:30 class, or can sleep in to go to the Throwdown at 9:45. See that? A cliffhanger ending! What will Courtney do??

To make myself feel better about being a lame-o this week, I’m picking this song. It’s also one of my faves when it comes on my running playlist.

Ain’t Nothing Wrong With That – Robert Randolph & The Family Band

About these ads

16 responses to “Face The Music Friday #37

1. Julie says:

Lamo? Really? I think you’re not giving yourself enough credit for last weekend!!!!!!

• TaraRhode says:

I agree. And on the day you took off for healing you did errands, got brutalized by a massage, and then went out in the 80′ sunshine to mow the lawn. Your body is telling you to let it heal, and you’ve listened, and now you can get back on your routine! The Unleashed things sound awesome tomorrow and you can always skip whatever might effect your shoulder. :)

I’m so proud of you!!!

Xoxoxo

PS Jules, remember that time when we were SO tired?!

2. Girl, we ALL need weeks “off” sometimes – take care of your body and don’t beat yourself up for it!

3. Shoot after Tough Mudder, I think you DESERVE this break! Don’t sweat it! You’ll be back to it in no time flat!

4. dawn @ running the dawn says:

what a perfect song! i think it needs to be my week’s theme song too…i’ve been getting really down on myself for not running or exercising more…but i too have gotten in some much needed sleep. ain’t nothing wrong with that – indeed!

5. After that Mudder last weekend, you earned the rest! Have a good weekend!

6. osarah26 says:

Yeah, I’m echoing everyone else’s sentiments when I say you definitely earned a rest after your Tough Mudder!

7. courtruns4cupcakes says:

I always take some time off after a tough race to let my body heal. I always come back stronger! Don’t feel bad about taking some rest days, it’s probably the best thing for your body :)

8. biz319 says:

Sometimes you just need to listen to your body – no worries! I was walking out today and heard a new song (to me) and thought of you – whenever I hear new music I think “I wonder if Courtney has heard this song before?!” I may be super late to the game to this one, considering it has 13 million hits on YouTube already!

Have a great Monday!

9. You do deserve some time off after a race like that!